Because I knew that thou [Israel] art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew [stiff-necked won’t bend or bow], and thy brow brass.” (Isaiah 48:4)
What does it mean to have a brass brow?
Look up. Notice the position of your forehead and eyebrows. Now try looking up without using your forehead, eyebrows or neck. Can you?
- What is God telling the Israelites through the symbolism of the forehead and neck?
- Do you have a reputation of being stubborn? How are you overcoming it?
- In what ways do you look to God?
- In what ways are you riding yourself of pride?
- In what ways are you summiting to God?